Removing a source from an Similarity Report will re-calculate the similarity index without consideration to the removed source in question. This feature is used for many reasons, but is often used when a paper has been submitted twice or more to Turnitin, and the Similarity Report is reporting a high match (eg. 100%) to a previous submission. Removing a source from an Similarity Report may provide a more clear similarity index (percentage).
To view remove a source from within the Turnitin Feedback Studio interface, please do the following:
- Sign into your account.
- Click on the class your assignment is in.
- Click on “view” next to the correct assignment.
- Click on the Similarity Report icon (colored square containing a percentage) for the submission.
- Click on the "All Sources" icon (horizontal bars with an arrow pointing downward) located in the red icon group to the right.
- Click the "Exclude Sources" button to the bottom right corner.
- Click on the check-boxes next to the sources you want to exclude.
- Click the red "Exclude" button at the bottom of the page.
It is possible to exclude up to 1000 sources from a single report.
To re-include excluded sources:
- Click on the "Excluded Sources" button on the right of the screen (looks like a circle with a line through it).
- Click on the check-box next to the source you'd like to re-include (or the “restore all” button).
- Click the "Restore" button.