When an instructor creates a PeerMark assignment, he or she will set the assignment to either distribute papers to students automatically, to allow students to choose their own papers to review, or a combination of both. Papers will become available for review only after the PeerMark assignment "start date" passes. A picture has been attached to show you the PeerMark review options.
After first submitting to the base paper assignment, students will be able to write reviews for assigned papers by following the instructions below:
Note: Any work you've entered via PeerMark will be submitted on the due-date of the assignment automatically, whether or not you actually click on the "Submit" button. Additional Information:
- Log into your Turnitin account and click on the class name with the PeerMark assignment.
- Click on the "Write Reviews" button to the right of the PeerMark assignment. A little window titled "Papers to review" will be displayed with your review options.
- Click on the "Get Started" button next to the review you wish to complete. If you are given the option to choose a paper to review, please do so.
- PeerMark will open. All the questions a student must answer in the review are located on the right side of the PeerMark screen.
- To answer a free response question, type your answer in the text box provided below the question. The minimum word count is located directly below the text box. If your response does not meet the minimum word count, then you will not receive credit for your answer.
- To answer a scale question, click the radial button above the number for the rating you are giving the paper for the specific question.
- Click on the "Submit" button when you have completed the review. If you would like to save your progress so you can leave and work on the review at a later time, click on the "Save" button.
- For step-by-step instructions with screenshots, please see "Chapter 3: PeerMark" in the Student User Manual.