Students can submit papers to assignments which have been created by an instructor.
To submit a paper using file upload, please do the following:
Important: after your paper is successfully submitted, your digital receipt will be displayed on screen. The digital receipt has a Submission ID number, which is confirmation that Turnitin has received your paper. If you do not see a digital receipt with a Submission ID number, then your paper was not successfully received by Turnitin. The digital receipt is also emailed to you as well. Troubleshooting:
- Log into your account.
- Click on the title of the class you wish to submit to.
- Click on the blue "Submit" button for the assignment you wish to submit to. If there is a grey "Submit" button, submissions are not allowed for this assignment. Please check the assignment start and due dates and the assignment info icon*.
- From the "Submit" heading at the top of the page, select the "Single File Upload" option. If "Cut & Paste Upload" is showing, click on the arrow to select "Single File Upload."
- Enter the title of your paper in the "Submission Title" field.
- Select an upload option.
- "Choose from this computer" - Browse to a file saved on the computer. Select the file and then click "Open."
- "Choose from dropbox" - Browse to a file saved to your Dropbox.com account and then click "Choose."
- "Choose from Google Drive™" - Browse to a Document file from your Google Drive account and then click "Select." (You may need to click "Accept" before connecting).
- Click the "Upload" button at the bottom.
- STOP, and WAIT for the next page to appear.
- Click "Confirm" to confirm your submission.
If you are unable to upload your paper, there could be a problem with the formatting of your file. Please re-save your paper in a different file format. If submitting with Google Drive, third party cookies must be allowed in their browser, or attempts to sign into Google to upload from Google Drive will fail. Note that Google Drive functionality is not supported with IE8 or below.
*The "assignment info" button is located under the "info" column. Clicking on this icon will show you additional assignment information:
Please contact the instructor if you have any additional questions about the assignment.
- Additional assignment instructions
- Whether late papers are allowed
- Whether resubmissions are allowed